Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tattoos

John had wanted to get another tattoo in memory of his father. And I always said if he got another, I wanted my toe ring tattoo touched up. So we went up to Spartanburg today with some friends to get our tattoos. John got Arabic writing across his back with a Maronite Catholic cross. The writing says "The righteous shall florish like a palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon" from Psalm 92:12. The cedar tree was already there.

I wanted to change the way my original toe ring tattoo looked and make it a little more floral. This is what I ended up getting.
BEFORE
AFTER

My friend, Lori, was covering an old tattoo she had on her ankle and got a dogwood petal in memory of her grandfather. Her husband, Greg, got his first tattoo of his kids' initials in a "tribal" look.



We had a good time and it was a fun experience. We had the same guy do our tattoos from our first time. His name is Don Osborne out in Spartanburg, if anyone is interested :) Last time John and I went, we took some friends with us and they got tattoos too. We seem to be the bad influence on our friends.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay! I love the tattoos! They all look great! Hope you had a fun July 4th weekend!
-Julie