Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Noah was resting well and then his monitor went off. One of his lead wires had fallen off. Sounds simple; however, these do not snap on easily and he was sleeping on his side. To be exact, the side I needed was down. I gently reach under him to reposition him and everything is damp. He is in a deep sleep, which I do not want to disturb. Well it did not work out. Repositioning and pressing the lead back on did get him rather upset. So he is awake. "Lets do the vitals and lab work," says the nurse. Alright, that sounds logical, to disrupt him only once instead of again later. Unfortunately his IV line malfunctioned and he was not amused with his arm being manipulated to fix it. Now his lid is popped and he's mad. I change his diaper and continued to comfort him. I really needed mommy because she is the nurturer. The nurse then asked me if I wanted to go ahead and do the chest x-ray since he was up? That was an easy answer, "No!" I do not think he would have been willing to cooperate. Thirty minutes later he was settled down and asleep. I am happy to report he was able to get back into a deep sleep and have a restful night. These are more common for him now.

Then his lead comes off again! Intelligent nurse says, "lets turn off the respiratory rate function until he wakes." Good solution. He slept through this alarm and his lab draws after his IV line was fixed. All in all, a good night after the fireworks crackled out. He will be ready to race! After all, he is a 2 time winning MUSC 500 race veteran.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Go Noah, Go! Go Noah, Go! He's is doing so great in this race. We know you are very proud of him. We are continuing to pray for all of you - for Noah's speedy recovery, mommy's & daddy's strength & energy & for this all to be behind you in the dust soon so that you can be home. Thanks for the updates - love your creativity in the posts!
Love you guys, Julie, Brad & Cooper

Jackson said...

We're so glad to see that everyone is hanging in there! Going to the Atrium was some of Jackson's best medicine. He was his old self when he was in there. We've been lifting up prayers for little man and you too!! Hopefully, he'll be on his way to 7C real soon! (That will be one foot out the front door!!)
Stay Strong!!
Darrin, Kristin, and Jackson