Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Better Day

Noah had a pretty good day today. The 1st part of the morning he seemed a little down and depressed; not really himself. He didn't want to talk and had a blank stare, but around noon he really perked up. He was a little drowsy from some pain meds they had to give him because of a dressing change, but he was much more talkative. He snacked really well. He ate a handful of goldfish crackers, a few gummies and about 2 inches of a banana. This very good because he verbalized that he was hungry and he didn't get nauseous from it. He's been getting meals sent to him, but it's hard to get him to eat. He has gone from a low fat diet to a no fat diet. They need to control his fat intake so that his chylous drainage slows down. That is what is keeping us in PCICU longer. The doctors have been talking about moving us on up to 7c soon, but it may be the 1st of the week. Atleast they are talking about it. They also plan to take his neck IV line out and replace it with a PIC line in his arm by tomorrow. This will be much better because he will be a little bit more mobile. The line in his neck is more of a restriction and a bit sensitive to him. They also may remove his center chest tube at this time too. It isn't draining too much. The nurses say that this one is the most uncomfortable of the drainage tubes. Another big event today was that I got to hold him. Yay!! He was real nervous about being touched and moved around, but we need to get him up once a day now so that he can get use to it. It really wore him out because he fell asleep in my arms immediately. I was just glad to hold him! Overall, we had a good day. Baby steps!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

YEAH! Sounds like some prayers are being answered. I know things will keep moving in the right direction.

Kelly Weekes

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Each day I read the blogs they get better & better. This is wonderful & I know that you loved that you got to hold him. Our prayers continue for y'all.
Love ya, Tasha, John, Elias & Ethan

Anonymous said...

What a happy day! You got to hold him. I'm glad for this. Love to all!
Dan and Bridget

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you got to hold Noah. Touch is so healing. Always praying for more steps toward recovery.

Lori said...

Yeah! More steps in the right direcion...go Noah! Keep it up strong man!