Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A little delay

Well, we got a call from MUSC today and we have been rescheduled for Noah's heart surgery from July 15th to July 17th. Only 2 days, so not that bad. I had been praying that we would not get bumped, but I can handle this. We understand that there may be other babies that need emergency care and since we have been in their shoes before, I am fine with waiting 2 more days. So, we will be leaving on Wednesday (15th) to be ready for pre-op Thursday (16th) and then bright and early on Friday for the big, scary day!!

Also, I want to thank everyone for putting Noah on prayer lists for yourselves and within the community. It really makes me feel good knowing that family, friends and strangers are praying and thinking of him. I can't believe this day is almost here. Not long ago, John and I were at MUSC wondering if our baby was going to be okay. With everyone's love and support we managed to raise a strong little boy. At 3 years old, you would never know he has a heart condition. Sometimes, I just wish we could leave him be, but I know this is best for him in the long run. I am nervous about the operation itself, his recovery in ICU, not being able to be by his side at night while in ICU and not being able to hold him when he cries out for me. The first few days are going to be so hard for him and me. He will be in a lot of pain which no mother would ever wish on their child. It's the typical saying..."if only I could take his pain", I definitely would. Anyway, I am making myself cry while writing this.... so let me end this post. I know GOD will be by our sides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying now too after reading this! I can understand how you feel as a mother. We're praying for Noah and you guys. When I'm going through a tough time I always say to myself "let go and let God" somehow that makes me feel better knowing everything is in His hands. Love to all...
Bridget