The fibers of creation are bound by love. God's love for his creation can only be compared to a mother's love. We are his image and Mother Mary carried his son. On the seventh day of creation he rested and basked in its glory. Today, the seventh day of hospitalization, Noah free of pain and anxiety rested in the arms of his creator who basked in his glory with mother's love. For all of her pain and suffering we witness today, Silvia walking in his footsteps.
It was not easy to arrive at this glorious point today. To be separated from home, husband, and children. Feeling alone. Missing Isabel and her colorful personality. To question what kind of mother am I to Noah at this moment? I am stripped of holding him, feeding him, changing him, dressing him, playing with him. I see his pain and frustration. He holds his arms out to me and all I can do is lean in to him and let him twirl my hair for comfort. What of my actions portray I am his mother and provider?
We truly are closest to God when we suffer. There is a strength in her I can not define. It is why she was chosen to bear this burden for others. This challenges my definition of beautiful. To wake up anxious from a rest that never took place and find the strength to face her worst fear. To arrive at his bedside and stay all day in fear with out eating or a moment of reprieve. Unbound personal sacrifice free of reservation for the benefit of your child is the fiber that binds a mother's love. You have sacrificed it all. A heavenly seed like no other was planted in you and Noah. Watered with tears and nourished with mother's love. Today's harvest has indeed, been great. Walking in his footsteps, suffering with him, basking in his creation and sharing mother's love is beautiful. Your actions show all that you have been the greatest of mothers! You are beautiful!
Love Noah, Isabel, and Dad.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment