Friday, July 24, 2009

Cause He's got...Personality



This evening both of his grandmothers and his sister came to see him. Like the three wise men they came bearing gifts. Some smiles and playtime occurred with his new toys. It was nice to see some of his personality shine through.
It was a quiet evening as I attempted to "clean" things up. I did my best to have his dressing change and x-ray take place while he was awake. The dressing change went fine. He woke up at 3:45am and stayed up for 30min. I tried to squeeze in the chest x-ray then, but it did not work out. By the way, all of his other chest x=rays have looked good. This means he is not retaining any of the fluid.
Today they may remove his mediastinal chest tube (more painful one), and will remove his central IV catheter in his neck. This will be replaced by a PICC line in preparation to transfer to the pediatric floor early next week. He has been changed to a no fat diet so bring on the carbs. As always the team is eagle eyeing his chest drainage and he is still on an IV medicine to help reduce this. His heart stimulating IV medicine was reduced and his tube feeds were changed to allow him to be hungry at meal times.
We are still in this race. A few more pit stops to fine tune his 2 barrel carburetor and we can win the MUSC 500! "Little Noah, you really look real fine" "one deuce and a 4 speed and a 389, "listen to him tachin up now, listen to him why-ee-eye-ine" "C'mon turn it up, wind it out, blow it up NO-O-AHHH"

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I know Noah is ready for a little more freedom and so are you!

Great news...hope to hear more!

Kelly Weekes

Anonymous said...

GO NOAH!!!!! We are cheering & praying for y'all at the same time. Each day is a great step. It's wonderful to hear this news. Thanks to John I've had my cry for today... Take Care!
We Love Y'all,
Tasha, John, Elias & Ethan

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to see Noah's sweet smile.. Keep it up Noah!! You are doing great!!
We Love You Man,
The Brooks Family

Julie said...

Hey Guys,

Ok, after reading "On the 7th day..." I got teary-eyed. Very sweet to read about how you as a mother, Silvia have impacted your family more than you know. So glad to hear that things are moving right along in this race. You all are doing so great. Silvia, your picture with Noah looks great. I can see the relief & joy in your face as you finally get to hold your little boy. Look forward to getting more great updates. Oh, I tried calling the 555-Hal-Mark # & I can't get through to anyone. Can I set up a meeting w/ emilio? :) Ha, Ha!
-Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Silvia - it is so great to hear that Noah is doing so good today. We enjoyed having Isabel at VBS this week (even if it was only one night). She is precious! My girls have made some special "get well" cards for Noah. We hope that you all have a good weekend and that Noah continues on this wonderful path of healing!
With Love - Jeana

Lori said...

I love that smile on Noah...it warmed my heart! We leave tomorrow, so i will check into the blog when we're at port. Love to you all!