Friday, July 24, 2009

A Step Backwards

Well, Noah had a great morning. He laughed and played with Yia-Yia and Vava. He also got to see Titi Alice, Tio Charles and Anna Mae. His neck IV line was removed and his Picc line was put in today. They did not remove the center chest tube, but plan to tomorrow. However, the bad news is that he produced more chylous drainage today. It increased from the day before. We need to see alot more of a decrease before we can go to 7c, so not sure how soon. It tears me up seeing him in ICU for this long. This boy needs to be up and around but the doctors want to keep a closer eye on him in ICU. I can understand their concern, but as a mother, I am concerned about his happiness. I am feeling a little down with the news about the drainage and feel our 7C dreams have been crushed for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah is a very lucky boy to have such wonderful parents. I can't imagine the turmoil you're going through now, but all of the love and caring that you and your family are showing and giving him is getting him stronger day by day. Noah will see the checkered flag soon but in the meantime you guys are stronger than you realize and with your faith, God, and support of one another we'll all be celebrating with him in victory lane. Stay strong through these turns we're beside you! Love you guys and hugs and kisses to Noah.
Dan and Bridget

mom2lo said...

I can imagine how you must be feeling with this step backwards, but keep praying and trusting in God! He knows what Noah truly needs and right now, it's being under the watchful eye of the PCICU staff. I will continue to pray for Noah, specifically for a decrease in his drainage, and will also pray for you and the rest of your family. God is in control! And remember:

"God can do anything, you know---far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!" Ephesians 3:20-21 (MSG)

Kathy