Friday, July 17, 2009

No turning back

As we were putting Noah in the car at 5 am, he asked "Why? Why am I in the car?" Poor guy, being picked up out of bed in the middle of the night would be very strange to anyone. We get to MUSC and successfully check in. Noah automatically remembered the surgery holding room and that they had a Thomas the Train toy. We get that for him and he is fine while they check his blood pressure, temperature and give him some "happy juice". At this point, I know there is no rescheduling this time. He gets very drowsy and all he can do is smile. The nurse takes him back at 6:30 and tells us he will be done around 2:30to 3:00ish. We will be getting a pager that will update us hourly on how things are going. We will be blogging as often as we can today. Heavy prayers needed today to get him through this without any complications.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I am out here. I love the blogging. I wish I was a little more computer savy like you guys are :) Heavy prayers I promise! I look forward to reading more blogs from you guys with a wonderful outcome to his surgery.
Lisa Furmanek

Jackson said...

We're praying for a successful surgery and recovery WITHOUT any complications, for the MD's and nurses, and for comfort and peace for ALL OF YOU!!
Heal FAST little NOAH!!
Darrin, Kristin, and Jackson Boyd

Anonymous said...

We are praying heavy for Little Noah today and for y'all, and we pray that he heals quick. Thanks for all of the updates, it's nice to see how things are going.
Take Care!
~Tasha, John, Elias & Ethan