Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Noah takes the Pole!

Official results are in. Noah's chest drainage has sharply decreased. His chest x-ray shows only a little fluid on the left side. No changes are being made at this time, we are leaving the setting on no suction. He will have his atrial line removed, IV blood thinner stopped, and urinary catheter removed. His drainage appears to be chylous (from fat in the lymph). His tube feeds will be changed to slow this down. This is not uncommon as lymph nodes are also dissected in the surgery and can be leaky afterwards. Nonetheless, we are in a better position in this race! he will have a repeat chest x-ray later today to make sure the fluid is not collecting around his lung. Will talk to everyone later, be sure to tune into the race.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news! We'll keep praying that his recovery keeps moving along.
Lots of love,
Dan and Bridget

Kelly said...

What great news! I will check back in to see how things are going!

Kelly Weekes

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD!! We have been holding are breath. We're so glad that things are headed in the right direction now!! We will continue to pray that the drainage will slow, that Noah will be tolerant of having the 2 "lines" pulled ("pullin' time" of any line big or small was probably the hardest for us), and that he will be accepting of his new diet (low-no fat) when/if that time comes. Oh, and we are ALWAYS praying for stength and peace for mom and dad too! So glad to see that things are improving!
Darrin, Kristin, and Jackson Boyd

Julie said...

Yay! I'm so glad to check in this morning on the blog as I arrived to work & get great news! You all have been so heavy on our hearts & we've been praying hard for Noah & you guys. We look forward to more updates! I saw a greeting card once that has just stuck with me. It said "hang in there...tough days are really just good days in the process of ripening" (kind of like a banana). So hang inther, God's working on getting you all through this! :)
Love, Julie, Brad & Cooper

mom2lo said...

What a blessing to hear this wonderful news! I will continue to pray that things progress well for sweet Noah!

If you have few minutes, check out my post today. It is from a very inspirational Christian speaker, Louie Giglio, and is a wonderful reminder that God has knit together every fiber of Noah's precious being! I've found it to be VERY encouraging as an HLHS mom myself!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic news. We have been so worried for you all. shedding happy tears now, getting some strange looks from my work colleagues! Sending you all our love & big kisses to all Sheena, Mark, Amy & Darcy xxxxxxxxx

Lori said...

Awesome! Keep up the good work, Noah! You are a strong little boy and deserve to watch any movie you want- even if it is Hello Kitty! Haha! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful News!!! I was so glad to come to work & look at the blog to see this great news. We will continue to pray for y'all and our little man Noah. God is working his wonders! Take Care!
Love Ya,
Tasha, John, Elias & Ethan

Anonymous said...

Great job, Noah! We knew our favorite guy would take the lead! You have a pretty tough pit crew in Mommy and Daddy! We love you all so much!

Robin, Pam and Zach

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD! GREAT NEWS YOU GAVE TO US. I HOPE NOAH'S HEALTH BECAME BETTER SOON AS POSSIBLE. HERE IN PORTUGAL WE ARE PRAYING FOR HIM. KISSES TITI BELITA.

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't know you, I have been reading your blog and praying each day for little Noah. God will provide as time goes on and I am sure today will be one that positive things are going to happen.

Anonymous said...

I am SO pleased to hear your great news! Please know that everyone here at the hospital is asking about you and keeping you in their prayers! Valerie

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that Noah is doing better.

We will continue praying that he will recover soon.

Love,

Dan & Cathy

Malissa and Brad said...

So glad to hear that Noah is improving. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers. Love, The Brown Family