Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let's try this again

What a day!! We get to the hospital at 9 am and are mentally prepared for surgery. As we are walking back into the surgery holding room, the nurse says we are on the schedule for 1:30. At this point, I lose it! My poor child hasn't eaten and how am I suppose to explain this to him. We have no other choice than to wait it out. We took Noah up to the Huge Playroom called the Atrium. He played for several hours not once thinking about food. Thank goodness. The whole time I was uneasy about the surgery. I asked the nurse if she thinks surgery could be delayed, she says the other surgery is on schedule and doesn't see any problems. Around noon, we go back down to the surgery holding room and they update us that the other surgery should be rolling into ICU shortly. Immediately as this is said, the surgeon's assistant comes back and tells us she has bad news. Our surgery needs to be cancelled. As the other surgery was done, it was followed with other complications and had to go back to the OR. I was devistated and emotional. We knew that the surgeon had another emergency case on Friday and after that it was the weekend. The assistant didn't know the surgeon's schedule and said he would call us when he was done with the surgery. So we took a breather and went downtown to relax a bit and gather our thoughts. Around 3 pm, we got a call from the surgeon and he felt since we were already down and prepared, he would do us 1st case on Friday. So we are back to our original delayed date. Amen. That is all I could say. It has been an emotional and exhausting day. So, we will be at the hospital tomorrow by 5:30am and hopefully we can begin and end this process.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I am staying tuned to your blog- prayers are with ya'll!

Unknown said...

Praying for Noah and reading your blog for updates! Be strong little Noah :)