
Today's highlight was approval to be more mobile. Time off of the monitors to drop the top and let the wind run its fingers through his hair. Noah had a few minutes in the atrium playroom. He spent most of his time outside of the ICU on a wagon ride. We are thrilled to be able to play some more with him, and let him function as a kid again. He got to put on pajama pants too! Anything to feel at home. he also got to play with some friends: sissy, Emily, and Tyler.
No medicine changes today. Still letting his body heal and hoping the chylous drainage is next to heal to a stop. He had some acute abdominal pain due to constipation from his medicines. This really bothered him. I think he is scared to poop and pushing causes pain at his chest tube site. We changed him to a stronger laxative to help with his comfort. He has had one poop today.
After all of this excitement he is sleeping well. This means we will have late evening playtime and I plan to get him out of bed again! We are all about emotional and spiritual healing now. The drainage is on autopilot. Talk again in the morning.

1 comment:
This is so awesome and so encouraging! I'm so happy Noah was actually able to play for a bit! I'll continue to pray for the drainage to stop!!!
God bless!
Kathy
Post a Comment