Friday, July 17, 2009

It's been a long day

It's 8:00pm now and we are still at the hospital. My parents and Isabel went back to the house we are staying at around 7pm. She has done very well being here at the hospital all day. I am so grateful for their playroom. I don't have to worry about being torn between entertaining Isabel or worring about Noah's care.



As I mentioned we are still here. There is a shift change in nurses at 7pm and no one is allowed in the PCICU for a while. John and I found a quiet place to rest and wait out the shift change. Around 8:30 we will go back in and check on Noah. The doctors and nurses recommend us going home and get some rest tonight since he will be sedated. So we want to make sure he is comfortable before we go and tuck him in. They did mention he may come off the breathing machine late this evening or tomorrow morning. This is a good thing and shows progress. So goodnight for now and we will update first thing tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad everything went well; Try to get some rest! We know Noah is in great hands... Thoughts and prayers!!
Lisa and Doug

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Noah is doing well. Julie told me how to check your blog. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Love,
Yvonne McGee

Gina Chemell said...

To the Howard Family. Thoughts and prayers are with each of you as you went through today and over the next several weeks. I am very excited things went well today. Get some rest and keep us posted! God Bless! Mrs. Gina

mom2lo said...

I'm so happy to hear Noah's surgery went well! I've been praying all day for him and your family. Please keep us posted as he is weaned off the vent and other IVs/medications. I will continue to pray for you all! Try to get some rest tonight!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

So glad that everything went well! Tomorrow will be better-tubes will begin to disappear. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel-Jackson is proof of that! We're still praying!!!
Darrin, Kristin, and Jackson Boyd

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything went well & Noah is going to be well taken care of. Get some rest tonight. We will continue to pray for y'all & Noah. Take Care!
~John, Tasha, Elias & Ethan