Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

It has been a week since we have been home and we are still exhausted. John just went back to work today, but since our time at home, we have been busy. Last Thursday, Noah visited his cardiologist here in Greenville and he did suprisingly good. We thought he would freak out about seeing a doctor again, but he did great. He had a chest Xray, EKG and Echo and stayed still for all of them. Everything looked great and his lungs looked "crystal clear". We still have to continue the fat free diet for a while and gradually increase his fat intake. He is still on 4 medicines at home, 3 of them are twice a day. We have to fight him everytime it is time to take them. We hope our next visit to the cardiologist, we can start cutting back on frequency. He will eventually come off of 2 of the medicines. We also went to the pediatrician and he was very impressed on how Noah is doing too. These good reports make me feel really good about his health.
On Monday, we had Meet the Teacher at Isabel's school. Isabel was very excited to meet her and see her class. She says she is ready for kindergarten on Wednesday, but I am sure after a few days, I am going to struggle getting her to school. For her birthday, I bought her a Hello Kitty alarm clock and we have been practicing getting up at 7 am. So far, she has slept through her alarm. Not a good sign!!
In between running the kids around, John and I have been trying to get the house back to normal and everyone adjusted to being home. We are glad to be home, but I sure did not miss cooking and cleaning while we were gone. Anyone interested in being a live-in Nanny????

3 comments:

Julie said...

What are you willing to pay for the Nanny job opening? Just kidding! Glad things are going well for you all. It was great to hear from you the other night. Hope Isabel's 1st day of K5 went well today!
-Julie

Anonymous said...

I could use a live in Nanny as well...LOL... Glad you all are doing so well. I'm sure Isabel was excited about starting Kindergarten today. Elias & Ethan start Sept. 8th, and they are so excited. Talk to you soon!!
Take Care!
~Tasha

eliasdeeb said...

Glad to hear things are settling down for you all. Shannon and I wish you the best!

Elias

P.S. Tell John I have not forgotten about the stuffed grape leaves I owe him.