Sunday, May 23, 2010

Noah's cardiology checkup

Tuesday, Noah had his cardiology visit with Dr. Horne. I must admit I was a little worried before going in and I don't know why. Noah looks perfectly normal and acts normal, but I get worried that they may "find" something. I guess this will always be a fear that I will have to deal with as a heart mom. Noah's heart echo looked great. Dr. Horne said his valve leak is minimal, which is wonderful. Prior to his visit, Noah had to wear a holter monitor for a day (which he HATED). This monitored his heart rhythms within a 24 hour period and the results were perfect. His oxygen satuaration (O2 sats) were 88 which meant his fenestration from the last surgery had not closed on its own (which is normal). So we will have a "quick" trip this summer to MUSC to close the fenestration via a heart catherization. After the fenestration is closed we should see his O2 sats in the 90s. MUSC should be calling soon to schedule a date. We will post something as soon as we hear!!

1 comment:

mom2lo said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! So glad to hear Noah's check-up with Dr. Horne went well! I know EXACTLY what you mean about worrying they will "find" something. I agree that it's the life of a heart mom!

Keep us posted about his "quick" trip to Charleston for the heart cath!

Kathy