Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Isabel

What a birthday Isabel had this year! Seems like she had been planning it for a while. Everyday, on the way to school, she would talk about how she wanted her birthday party. She was very detailed. She was set on a slumber party. She picked out her plates, designed her cake, came up with craft ideas for her friends, etc. I think I have a little party planner on my hands.

We started the party with family, friends and siblings jumping on the bounce house that we rented. We were a little worried about the rain, so we had a huge blow up castle in front of the garage. Luckily, the rain held off, but we still crammed everyone in the garage. The kids bounced, see-sawed, and played hard.


After cake, ice cream and presents, it was girl time! Everyone went home and Isabel specifically told Noah and John that no boys were allowed. So Noah and Dad spent the night out and 7 little girls stayed the night. I had 3 friends stay with me for backup. The girls played, had beauty time and made crafts. All the girls got along well....No tears, No drama. Despite a late night sugar rush, they all fell asleep by 11:30. They slept all night in their sleeping bags in the playroom. Everything went very smooth and Isabel had a great time!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with your son for a while. I found your blog through Charleston Deebs. I am contacting you looking for guidance. Our 3 year old son is having the Fontan in October at MUSC. Can you please contact us with any tips on hospitalization of a 3 year old and how you kept your son busy during his hospital stay? Also, how far in advance did you tell him about the upcoming procedure. Please respond to us at groovy_t@hotmail.com. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Tammy Willis